- Full Time
- Part Time
- New Westminster, BC, Canada
- Posted 1 hour ago
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices, and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The student assistant will be responsible for converting quiz questions to a standard format that can be uploaded to Blackboard by an instructor. Responsibilities
- Participate in online training
- Use Excel software to create a formatted template
- Type questions provided by an instructor in the template to create quizzes that will be uploaded to Blackboard
- Problem-solve technical issues
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and instructors
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software
- Previous experience with data entry is an asset
- The ability to ensure confidential information is maintained
- To be adept at problem-solving
- To be detail oriented, highly organized, accurate and thorough
- To work from home
- To proactively communicate effectively with supervisor and instructors
Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term;
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term
International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but as an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation – “May accept employment on or off-campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.” Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.