Highest Paying Work From Home Jobs In Canada – With the prevailing job opportunities in Canada and the rate at which Canada is welcoming new immigrants, it wouldn’t be surprising if your dream is to live and work in the Great White North. Who wouldn’t want to?
Canada offers a great deal of job opportunities that is why a lot of people are currently immigrating to Canada. Also, the immigration system in Canada is relaxed which has made it welcome a large number of immigrants in recent years.
Working in Canada does not necessarily mean you would be working for someone as you can be self-employed or even own your own business and this can actually make you work from home. Working from home is becoming a norm in many developed countries of the world and Canada is not an exception. With the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020, many companies are now channeling their resources to working remotely.Related Articles
- 5 Important Reasons to Secure a Job in Canada Before Moving
- 3 Differences Between Working in Canada vs UK
You shouldn’t be bothered about how you would keep yourself and family safe while working in Canada as you can actually apply for some of Canada work from home jobs which will allow you work remotely even in this pandemic period.
In this article, we will be showing you some of the highest paying work from home jobs that you can apply for if you want to immigrate to Canada. We have thoroughly done our research and consultation so we will be revealing a lot of relevant information to you about Canada.
Canada is one of the best countries to immigrate to presently and you are sure to enjoy working in Canada too. The country offers you better quality of life as you also get to earn higher salaries too.Advertisements
Don’t stop reading as we are about showing you some of the jobs you can work from home and their potential earnings. Without further ado, let’s proceed…
Highest paying work from home jobs in Canada
You should know that the potential earnings are not the real figures but they are close to the real figures.
- Software developer
Potential earning should be around $75,422 – $127,350 per year.
As a software developer, your job is to create designs and build computer programs. The developer is in charge of identifying users need, building and designing programs, testing new programs and making further improvements.
Software developing requires a lot of creative thinking and brainstorming to come up with software designs as this will help you stay relevant and get clients too. Software developers are also called computer programmers.
Let’s look at some of the skills you will need to possess and develop on as a software developer:
- Mathematical aptitude
- Creativity and Problem-solving skills
- Programming languages (different types of developer roles require different languages)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High level of concentration
- Accuracy and attention to details
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
One interesting thing about this job is that you have the opportunity to work for different employers like banks, software development companies, telecommunication companies, schools and technology consultancies firms. You do not have to leave your home as you can actually work from your home or anywhere using your company and internet connection.
You can also become a freelancer and work for different clients; as a freelancer, you are working for yourself and so you can charge your own rates and earnings.
- Graphic Designer
Potential earnings should be around $57,550 – $88,004 per year
This is another job that requires creativity and you can also work from home at your own convenience and comfort. Graphics designing involves creating content to communicate and interpret messages effectively and excellently.
You can also develop the overall layout and product design for applications such as advertisements, magazines, reports and brochures. You create visual contents through computer software programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
As a graphics designer in Canada, you can work for a Canadian employer or as a freelancer but the joy is that you can actually work from home.
- Data Analyst
Potential earnings should be around $64,607 – $95,560 per year.
This is a job that has come to the limelight in recent years and this is because many organizations rely on data to make better business decisions and so the data analyst is charged with the responsibility of helping the organizations to make better business decisions.
They use the business data to identify business problems and lapses that need to be addressed and solved. The data analyst uses techniques from different methods that include mathematics, computer programming and statistics.
Another function of the data analyst is that they assign numerical values to business functions, draw conclusions from all the data and then predict ways to improve business performance.
Let’s throw more light on the functions of a data analyst. Some of the functions are:
- They design and maintain data systems and databases; this includes fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
- They extract data from primary and secondary sources and then reorganize these data in a format that can easily be read by either human or machine.
- They use statistical tools to interpret data sets, focus on trends and patterns that could be valuable and useful.
- They prepare reports for executive leadership and progress that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- They also work with programmers, engineers and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements.
The job of a data analyst is in demand in Canada as almost every single company that wants to be successful needs these specialists and it is also a well-paying job that anyone can do from the comfort of their homes.
- Executive Assistant
Potential earnings should be around $53,324 – $98,937 per year
An executive assistant is another work from home that is in demand in Canada. They are responsible for managing the schedules, meetings and communications of key company executives. They engage in gathering documents, preparing for meetings, coordinating travel arrangements and prioritizing emails and phone calls.
Just like other jobs we have talked about in this article, you can actually perform those functions from your home as you might not have to go to the office.
- Virtual Accountant
Potential earnings should be around $55,734 – $97,232 per year
This is not like your regular accountant as you can actually do this job from home. A virtual account is responsible for compiling and verifying financial transactions and also ensuring that their clients are financially efficient and also compliant with lawful business practices.
The virtual accountant also prepare tax documents for clients as they work like normal accountants just that since it’s a virtual job, you can do it from home and at your own comfort.
Some skills an accountant should possess are:
- Organization and attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mathematical and deductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Accountability and transparency
- Clerical knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication
- Business Development Manager
Potential earnings should be around $64,352 – $134,190 per year
Professionals of this job earn higher salaries around the world and Canada is no exception. The business development manager is in charge of developing business plans, identifying new clients sources, managing accounts, meeting sales goals and maintaining a sound relationship with new customers and clients.
Every organization needs a business development manager to assist in increasing sales and revenue. The skills needed for this job are sales and selling skills as well as client relations skills.
Since everything is digitized and there are plenty of applications online to hold meetings with clients on, you’ll be perfectly fine working from your home.
What Are The Benefits Of Working From Home?
There are a lot of benefits you gain from working from home and some of them are:
- Better work-life balance
- Convenience when working
- Fewer expenses
- More time to do what you enjoy
- Opportunity to work at your own pace
- Ability to control workload
- Ability to choose working hours
- Ability to choose ratings
Everything that has an advantage definitely has a disadvantage and some of the disadvantages of working from home include:
- Increased isolation
- Workplace disconnect
- Distractions at home
Whether you want to work from home or in an organization, you will definitely need a work permit to work in Canada as a foreigner. There are several programs that allow foreigners to work in Canada.
Canadian Work Permit
The Canadian work permit is issued to eligible foreigners to work in Canada for a certain period of time. The Canadian work permit allows business people, permanent workers, temporary workers, students and others to work in Canada.
You should know that we have two main types of Canadian work permit. They are: open work permit and the employer-specific permit.
- Open work permit – this permit will allow you to have any job in Canada, in any province or territory. It also means you are exempted from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and that you can work for any employer in Canada.
- Employer-specific work permit – it is also called the closed work permit and it allows you to work in Canada under specific conditions usually limiting the worker to one employer and position. For you to have this work permit, you will need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) document. The LMIA is a document issued to Canadian employers by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) allowing them to hire foreign workers on the ground that there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents to fill up that job position.
If an employer needs an LMIA, they will need to apply for one and when the employer gets the positive LMIA, the worker can then apply for a work permit.
The worker will need the following to apply for a work permit:
- A job offer letter
- A contract
- A copy of the LMIA
- The LMIA number
How To Obtain An Open Work Permit
The International Mobility Program (IMP) is an excellent way to obtain an open work visa because it allows Canadian employers to hire temporary foreign workers without the need for an LMIA. The IMP processing is fast and simple which is why employers favour the program. The IMP’s main goal is to serve the broader economic and cultural interests of Canada. One program in particular that does this is the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
This program allows international students who have graduated from a designated learning institution in or outside Canada to work in Canada. For you to go through the program as a Nigerian, you will need a work permit which will allow you work for any employer in Canada while you study in Canada.
The work permit you will need is an open work permit which allows you to work for any employer in Canada and as a post-graduate student, the duration of your work will depend on the duration of your study program in Canada.
Though this program is not a direct way of getting permanent residency in Canada but it will give you an advantage when applying for Canadian permanent residence as you have gain Canadian work experience while studying in Canada.
So if you are going through the PGWPP, you must meet the requirements below:
- You should not be younger than 18years
- You must have graduated from a public or private post-secondary school in any Canadian province (college, university or technical school)
- You must have completed a study program at a Designated Institution
- You must have studied in Canada as a full-time student for at least 8 months
- You must have a valid study permit when you are applying for the work permit
- You must send the application for your work permit within 90 days of your graduation
How To Obtain An Employer-Specific Work Permit
The employer-specific work permit is the one Canadian visa work permit that most foreigners get. It allows you as a foreigner to work in Canada under strict conditions.
Some of the limitations on the closed work permit are:
- The name of the specific employer you can work for
- How long you can work for
- If applicable, the location where you can work.
There are several ways to secure the employer-specific work permit, one of the ways is through streams that fall under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) which allows Canadian employers to temporarily hire foreigners who can fill labour shortages and bring new skills into Canada. We have the Global Talent Stream and the Caregiver stream.
Global Talent Stream
The GTS is a way to help Canadian employers hire highly skilled foreign talents to boost the workforce in Canada and also help improve the standard of living in Canada. Many employers favour this program as it is fast and has a processing time as short as two weeks.
There are two categories under this program and they are:
Employers who are referred to the Global Talent Stream by one of the designated partners of the stream after they have shown that they need to hire specialized temporary foreign workers in order to grow.
Eligibility for this category is the following:
- Have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- You must have a job offer in Canada.
- Be able to prove that you’ll leave Canada after the work permit expires.
- Prove that you can finance your stay and your family’s stay in Canada and that you have enough funds to go back to your home country.
- Have a clean criminal record
- Prove that you aren’t a threat to the national security of Canada
- Have a sound health.
This category is for employers who want to hire highly-skilled foreign workers to fill positions for jobs that are in high demand in Canada and it is found on the Global Talent Occupation List. This list includes occupations such as:
- Computer and information systems managers
- Database analysts and data administrators, which is one of Canada’s highest paying work from home jobs
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Information systems testing technicians.
For employers to be eligible for the GTS they are required to develop a Labour Market Benefits Plan. This plan points out the employer’s measurable commitments to create lasting benefits for the Canadian labour market through activities such as job creation, investment in training and skills development, or the transfer of knowledge to Canadians.
Families can hire foreign caregivers, through the Temporary Worker Program, to provide care for children, seniors and individuals at home who have certified medical needs. However, a family can only hire a foreigner when a Canadian citizen or permanent resident isn’t available.
Foreigners who work in Canada must:
- Provide care on a full-time basis (minimum 30 hours per week)
- Work in the private household where the care is being provided
- Meet the requirements set by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)/Service Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)