- Full Time
- Part Time
- North Bay, ON, Canada
- Posted 1 hour ago
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia, and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety, and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian-based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL’s 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
As the summer student laborer, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the North Bay Magazine/Production site to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction with respect to both product and service within a safe working environment. Other duties will include:
- Promote strong and positive working relationships with customers.
- Assist in the reception of deliveries and order preparations.
- Acquire products and services that are required for the continuance of the day-to-day
- Complete any and all applicable documents, forms, reports required with regard to business operations of the site.
- Apply and enforce regulatory, health and safety requirements and support the HSE Performance Standards in order to ensure personal safety and the safety of all employees, company assets, and environment and regulatory compliance.
- Make certain that all regulations, both federally (Explosives Act, Bulk Regulations, WHIMIS) and provincially (OHSA) are adhered to within the operation in regards to personnel workings, product storage, and product transportation.
- Ensure that company policies and standard operating procedures are up-to-date and followed by the employees.
- Attend monthly safety meetings in both offices and report these to the Operations Manager
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: Completion of high school (Grade 12)
- Previous exposure to a combination of office and fieldwork environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the terminology related to the field in the form of verbal and written reports.
- Capacity to perform physical work
- Proficiency in MS Office is required.