- Full Time
- Part Time
- Scarborough, ON, Canada
- Posted 1 hour year ago
Since opening the doors to the first Dale’s Pharmacy in Cabbagetown in 1955, our commitment to the health of our patients and our community has allowed us to expand to four locations today, serving the communities of Metropolitan Toronto, Thornhill, Markham, and Scarborough.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Pharmacy Student to join our Pharmacy team. The ideal candidate would be personable, patient, and demonstrate an ability to be calm in a variety of situations.
· Assist store teams with current summer projects including inventory management and counts
· Assist store with assisting patients and customers both in-store and over the telephone
· Assist the pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of prescriptions.
· Order prescription medications, diabetes supplies, and behind-the-counter OTC medications and receive/verify incoming pharmaceutical orders.
· Maintain client and drug information files and gathering of all necessary information while ensuring the completeness of the information.
· Third-party insurance billing and reconciliation.
· Provide knowledgeable and exceptional client care and customer service.
· Greet clients and acknowledge waiting for clients, offer assistance.
· Ensure service is maintained at levels above industry standards.
· Assist with client consultation via telephone.
· Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all cash register transactions in a courteous, prompt and accurate manner, including following all company accounting procedures.
· Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
· Professional work ethic, ensuring the confidentiality of client records and medical information.
· Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and clients. Other responsibilities as outlined by the Managing Pharmacist.
· Physical requirement: Standing/walking for extended periods of time, repetitive hand movements, lift/pull/push up to 20 pounds.
· The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with clients in a pleasant manner at all times.
· Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
· Provide excellent and informed client care.
· Self-motivated, career-focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
· Experience working in the dispensary and a very strong track record for accuracy in all dispensary duties, as well as a solid understanding of dispensary computer systems, would be an asset. Display excellent reliability, initiative, and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume
Although we appreciate each application, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to internal candidates
Dales Pharmacy is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer.