You could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 17 private dance and drama schools.
Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.
You must be aged 16 to 23 and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry.
How much you get – 2020 to 2021 academic year
The amount you get depends on:
- your household income
- where you live and study
Download the national scales to find out how much you could get.
You must be a resident of the UK or an EU country.
To get help with fees you must either have:
- been living in the UK or EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
- indefinite leave to remain in the UK or settled status
You can only get help with living costs if you’re from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
If you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you might still be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you were living in the UK by 31 December 2020. The deadline to apply for most people was 30 June 2021. You can apply if you have ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying by the deadline – for example, you had an illness or were the victim of domestic abuse.
You must be studying for one of these Trinity College London Diplomas:
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Acting (3 years)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Acting (1 year)
- Level 5 Diploma in Professional Dance (Classical Ballet or Contemporary Dance) (2 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance (3 years)
- Level 6 Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre (3 years)
You must be aged 16 to 23 for dance courses.
You must be aged 18 to 23 for acting courses.
DaDA schools for 2020 to 2021
The following schools offer DaDAs for the 2020 to 2021 academic year:
- ALRA (Academy of Live and Recorded Arts)
- Arts.Ed, London
- Bird College – Dance and Drama Theatre Performance
- Elmhurst Ballet School
- English National Ballet School
- The Hammond School
- Italia Conti Arts Centre
- KS Dance
- Laine Theatre Arts
- Liverpool Theatre School
- Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Northern Ballet School
- The Oxford School of Drama
- Performers College
- SLP College Leeds
- Stella Mann College
- Tring Park School
Appeal against a decision to refuse you a DaDA
Contact the school if you want to appeal their decision not to give you a DaDA.
Help and advice
For help and advice contact your school.