Top Job Opportunities in Canada for MBA Graduates – Do you know that as a MBA graduate, you can actually get job in Canada presently and this is because of the increasing demand for MBA graduates in the Great North. So if you are in doubt if there are job opportunities for you as an MBA graduate, then you should be at rest because there are various entry level jobs available for you in Canada.

Canada is looking to invite immigrants from different parts of the world to fill up labor shortages and boost the workforce in the country and so it has created several immigration programs to help it meet up with its immigration target of inviting 1.23million immigrants into the country within the next three years; so as an MBA graduate, you have an opportunity to be among the immigrants that will be moving to Canada to live and work.

READ ALSO: Top 5 Canadian Immigration Programs for Low-Skilled Temporary Workers

Working in Canada means you are going to enjoy a lot of wonderful work benefits and you will also be living a comfortable live in this part of the world. If you are on a quest of looking for greener pastures, Canada is just the right place for you as there are job opportunities waiting for you here.Related Articles

In this article, we will be showing you some jobs for you in Canada as a MBA graduate and also how you can actually move to Canada as an MBA graduate.

What Are The Jobs In Canada For MBA Graduates?

Let’s start with the entry level positions for MBA graduates and this ranges from internship to human resource assistant. You can also get a consulting service role and some other jobs.

We are going to be showing you a better picture of the jobs available for you as an MBA graduate and the average monthly salaries too.Advertisements

Job Opportunities & Monthly Income Range for MBA Graduates (Entry Level to Experienced)
OccupationAverage monthly salary
Director$5,379 – $12,845
Risk analyst$4,566 – $9,282
Consulting services agent$3,476 – $7,876
Research associate$4,395 – $7,216
Junior analyst$3,920 – $6,001
Paid intern$3,000 – $4,760

Is it difficult to get a job in Canada with an MBA?

Like we have shown you earlier that there are job opportunities for you in Canada as an MBA graduate and Canada has also made it easier for immigrants that want to work in Canada to come as it has designed over 100 immigration programs through which you can get work visa to Canada.

Getting an MBA qualification from an institution in Canada increases your chances of getting a job in Canada but it is not compulsory that you study in Canada to get a job as an MBA graduate.

You must have seen that there are job opportunities for you as an MBA graduate in Canada but how can you grab these opportunities and get a job in Canada? Well, you shouldn’t look too far as we are going to be showing five different Canadian work permits through which you can use to work in Canada.

Canadian Work Permits

You should know that the Canadian work permit is different from the Canadian work visa. Before you can get a work visa, you will need a work permit in Canada. A work permit allows you to work in Canada while a work visa allows you to enter Canada.

There are two main categories of the Canadian work permit and they are:

  • The open work permit
  • The employer –specific or close work permit

The open work permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada and anywhere in Canada. With this work permit, you are not restricted to work in a particular job position and you don’t need a job offer and Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) document.

You can go through the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP) to get the open work permit.

The employer-specific or closed work permit restricts you to work for a particular employer in Canada. Here, you are restricted to a particular job position and a particular province in Canada. You will need a job offer from an employer in Canada as also a copy of the LMIA from the employer that gave you the job offer.

The LMIA is a document that is issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to an employer to show that there is a need to hire a foreign skilled worker as there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents available to fill the job position.

You can go through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) to get the employer-specific work permit.

Immigrate To Canada Through The Express Entry System

This is an online program where you are expected to create an online profile with some requirements like age, work experience, education etc. It is one of the fastest and most popular immigration programs in Canada through which you can gain permanent residency in the country.

So whichever work permit you apply for, the most important thing is getting a Canadian work experience which will help you to apply for permanent residency through the Express Entry System and there is a federal stream under this program through which you can apply especially if you have Canadian work experience and it is the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

 Let’s look at those that qualify for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Requirements for the Canadian Experience Class(CEC)
Work ExperienceEducationLanguage skillAdmissibility
1 year of skilled work experience in Canada for a full-time position  or: 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada for a part-time position Legally obtained (employment) in Canada Job defined as level 0, A or B by the Canadian National Occupational ClassificationNo education requirement but you can increase your Express Entry score by obtaining a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian institution or: Complete a foreign credential, or: Get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) which shows that your previous education meets Canadian standardsYou must take an approved language test for reading, writing, listening and speaking   You must meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for jobs classified as 0 and A by the NOC  or: Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for jobs classified as B by the NOCYou must legally be allowed to enter Canada.

Some other work permit options for employment purposes

The Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

This is for you if you are working in Canada and have a temporary work permit. With this work permit, you would be allowed to stay in Canada while you wait for the result of your permanent residency application and so you can continue working in Canada with this work permit.

Who is eligible for the Bridging Open Work Permit?

You will be eligible for the Bridging Open Work Permit if you applied for permanent residence through one of the following programs:

  • Provincial Nomination Program
  • Express Entry System
  • Agri-Food Pilot Program
  • Care-givers Pilot Program
  • Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Work Pilot Program

Spousal Sponsorship Program

Sometimes, you might have a spouse that you would like to bring along with you to Canada; well it is possible that they can come with you as Canadian employers wouldn’t want to keep you away from your family and loved ones. So this Spousal Sponsorship program allows you to help your spouse or common-law partner to come and join you in Canada by just giving them an invitation or sponsoring them.

Now let’s take a look at how you can actually sponsor your spouse or how you can be sponsored by your spouse to come to Canada:

Requirements to meet in order to sponsor your spouse to come to Canada:

  • You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • You must live in Canada
  • You must have sufficient funds to support your spouse for 3 years.

You will need to present some documents to proof that there is a relationship that exist between you and the person especially if you are married and want to sponsor or be sponsored by your spouse.

Let’s look at some of the documents you will need to present to the immigration officers:

  • Proof of registration of marriage with a government authority
  • Wedding invitation and wedding photographs
  • Relation information and sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire Marriage Certificate
  • Birth certificates or adoption records if you have any children with your spouse
  • Copies of government issued identity documents
  • Proof that you and your spouse own property together
  • Tax forms that show you and your spouse live at the same address

Final Note

Canada is one of the best countries to work in and this has made it the top destination of a lot of immigrants and the government of Canada is ready to welcome immigrants with open arms as it is looking to contribute to the workforce of the country so as to contribute to the growth and development of the Canada.

READ ALSO: Top Cities in Canada for Job Opportunities