Okra, popularly called Okra is used in cooking varieties of food depending on the individual in question. It is greenish in colour. It is also known as Lady’s Finger. It belongs to a plant of cotton and hibiscus family.
Below are the Unique Health benefit Of Okra
1. Limits High Cholesterol: Okra reduces the high level of cholesterol in the body. High cholesterol is easily noticed among diabetes patient and okra will be of great help.
2. Reduces Sugar Level: Okra helps a lot to those who are diabetic because when used appropriately, it reduces the high rate of sugar in the body.
4. Helps In Digestion: Okra is a plus for the body system because it assists a lot in the area of digestion. This enables the food to digest properly.
5. Nutritious To The Body: It has a lot of nutrients which is nutritious to the body. Examples of such nutrients are vitamin C, vitamin B, magnesium, potassium, copper, phosphorus, iron, manganese, calcium, amino acids.
6. Weight Loss Guaranteed: It assists a great deal in terms of weight loss. It enables an individual to reduce in size.
7. Reduces Flu And Cold: There are times when someone would have flu and cold. The best food one can eat as then would be okra because it is a great help.
8. Reduces Constipation: Okra brings constipation to a halt whenever the occasion arises.
9. Removes Waste Products: It helps the liver to remove the toxic or harmful product from the body system.
11. Produces Calcium: It provides more calcium to the bones which makes it stronger and healthy.
12. Healthy Skin: It enables the skin of an individual to be healthy.
13. Immunity: It acts as immunity to the body system from diseases.
14. Avoid Stroke: It reduces the occurrences of stroke.
15. Stops Cardiovascular diseases: Cardiovascular diseases are also brought to a halt with the help of okra.
17. Beneficial For Pregnant Mother And Baby: It is of great importance to a pregnant woman and the baby. It produces nutrients needed for the mother and child to be healthy at all times.
18. Stop Stress: Okra reduces stress in the body. It is a stress reliever.
19. Assists In Oxidizing: It acts as an oxidizing agent in the body.
20. Helps In Blood Clothing: Okra reduces bleeding and assists more in blood clotting in the body.
21. Stops Anemia: It resists the occurrence of anemia from the body.
22. Stop Asthma: Okra is an antidote for asthma.
23. Heals Ulcer: It helps in the healing of ulcers.
24. Provides Protein: Okra acts as protein in the body.
25. Limit Kidney Diseases: It reduces the rate of kidney disease in the body.
26. Softens The Hair: The use of okra makes the hair soft, tender and easy to comb.
27. Moisturizes The Hair: Okra has the qualities to make the hair moist and eliminate dryness of the hair.
28. Hair Nutriments: Okra gives the hair a lot of nutrients most especially vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin K and many others.
29. Antibacterial Agent: It acts as a form of antibacterial for the hair, removing any form of hair disease.
30. Hair Growth: Okra assists in the growth of the hair.
Despite all these benefits, it is mostly advisable to consume Okra moderately and not at in high dosage. If a high dosage of Okra is taken, it might be of discomfort to the body system and cause ailment.
Below are the results of taking too much okra in the body system.
Disadvantages Of Over Consumption Of Okra In Men And Women
1. Infertility: High dosage of Okra brings infertility in men most especially in the area of the sperm.
2. Abnormal Menstrual Cycle: High dosage in women results in an inaccurate menstrual cycle.
3. Low Blood Clothing: Excess consumption of Okra may reduce blood clotting in the body.
4. More Kidney Problems: Excess of Okra may increase Kidney problems.
5. Increase Of Diarrhea: Diarrhea may be on the increase when excess okra is consumed.