International students who wish to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the field of Agriculture and Environment at the Gatton campus of the University of Queensland, may apply for the Destination Australia Scholarships, which are funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. The scholarship grant aims to attract people to and support, studies in regional Australia, in order to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high quality learning experience.
Gatton Campus, University of Queensland in Australia
Level/Field(s) of study:
Programs eligible for this scholarship are:
• Bachelor of Agricultural Science
• Bachelor of Science (Gatton)
• Bachelor of Equine Science
• Bachelor of Wildlife Science
• Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
• Master of Veterinary Science
• Master of Animal Science (#24)
• Master of Animal Science (#32)
• Master of Agricultural Science (#24)
• Master of Agricultural Science (#32)
• Master of Agribusiness (#24)
• Master of Agribusiness (#32).
Dual degrees with Bachelor of Agribusiness and the Plant Protection major within the Master of Agricultural Science are not eligible, as they do not meet the requirement that the program be fully delivered at a regional campus.
Number of Scholarships:
International students undertaking studies in Agriculture and Environment at UQ’s regional Gatton campus
AUD 15,000 per year, renewable for subsequent years of the degree after commencement, up to 4 years total, pending maintained eligibility under the Destination Australia guidelines.
Only international students applying to study at UQ’s regional Gatton campus and living in a regional area are eligible. They must have a full offer for study in an approved program commencing in 2020, but need not have accepted the offer by the scholarship application deadline, which is 1 June 2020.
Only the following international students are eligible:
• Are new to UQ in 2020
• Alumni commencing a different degree (i.e. Masters after a Bachelors) are eligible to apply
• Maintain ongoing residency in the regional area for the duration of the scholarship, as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure from the Australian Bureau of Statistics
• Are enrolled and studying at the UQ Gatton campus
• Are studying full-time in a degree that is fully delivered at UQ’s Gatton campus
• Are studying the Bachelors degree programs, or the Bachelors Honours degree programs, or the Masters degree programs (see all eligible programs above)
• Maintain a student visa for the duration of the scholarship.
Scholarship applicants will be assessed on 4 criteria: eligibility under the program guidelines, academic merit, response to personal statement, and Dean’s discretion.
Applications are currently closed.
Applications for the scholarship for studies commencing Semester 2, 2020 opened on 11 March 2020 and will close on 1 June 2020.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.